We handle all personal information within the company with utmost care, in compliance with the Australian privacy laws.
Privacy and Security
Our commitment to keeping your trust
Why we collect information
We collect information to provide you with the best service that we can. We need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences.
We may contact you for additional information or verification before accepting any order.
This information also allows us to provide you with offers that are of more specific interest or benefit to you.
How we collect this information
What we collect
Sharing your information
In special circumstances (for example, if there is a new owner of the business), your information may be transferred as part of that sale. We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide without your consent.We may also provide data to other business partners for various purposes, such as marketing research. In this situation, only details pertaining to the direct transaction and sales of our products will be released.
If you would like to access your personal information, please email your request via the Contact Us page or phone us on +61 2 4821 0007. We take the greatest care to store your personal information securely in order to justify your confidence in shopping with us online.Only team members in our Customer Service and Marketing teams, Operations, and Finance, have access to our customers' personal information.
Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, preventing this information from being intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
About cookies and what they tell us
Changes to our privacy policies and practices
How do we handle customer information
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order, you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address, phone number and any specific delivery instructions. We may share this information with third parties which are involved in the processing of your order - for example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that will deliver your order.
- Gecko Cleantech is committed to reducing the risk of fraud. Our policy is to prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if deemed appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and user ID.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may require your name, address, and e-mail address in order to assist us in managing the contest and to notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
- Our site contains links to other sites. Gecko Cleantech is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- By default, all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared outside the company.
As part of these principles, customers who do not want to receive marketing offers through the mail or on the internet can contact us on +61 2 4827 0222.As the Federal Government introduces new privacy legislation, Gecko Cleantech's privacy policies are reviewed and updated as appropriate.
More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
How we protect customer information
How we handle marketing communications
We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. In addition, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to manage your subscription. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.